Go Back   GTRPWR Forums > General > Tech Discussion

Old 04-13-2010   #1
needavdub
RB20E

My Ride: WRX STi
Default Boost controller install, 90% done, few Q's

Car- 1992 GTR
motor- RB26dett, stock turbo's with steel wheels

Hey guys, I've installed my Blitz ID-3 electronic boost controller about 90% of the way. The solenoid is mounted on the firewall next to the wiper motor, the wires and vacuum line for the brain have been ran into the cabin, and the controller interface is mounted on the dash. Only the 2 large vacuum lines going in/out from the solenoid have not been hooked up yet. I've been driving it this way for a few days using it to record my peak boost while watching the AFR's on my wideband. Everything seems to be good so far, AFRs in the high 11's under boost, about 13 psi max in 4th gear.

My question is-
Where is the best place to run these two vacuum lines, I need a reliable boost source for my "IN" (i was thinking the FPR) and a I need to know where to run the wastegate line ("OUT") to. I was poking around and it seems like there is a steel line that both wastegate actuators connect to, then the steel line screws into another steel line (looks similar to brake fittings). Can I just unscrew this steel line and connect it to my vaccum line for my solenoid? Then block off the steel line it screws into? Seems like the easiest way, but I'm not sure how the stock solenoid works and if that will screw it up or not.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post- Don
needavdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010   #2
mcfly
KPGC10

My Ride: 20B cosmo
Default Re: Boost controller install, 90% done, few Q's

run the boost source from one of the two nipples on the aluminum box under the plenum. This is the source for most things in the engine bay and ties all the tb's together.

You may also use the outlet right on the rear of the balance tube.

mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010   #3
needavdub
RB20E

My Ride: WRX STi
Default Re: Boost controller install, 90% done, few Q's

i don't know what the balance tube is, and I didn't know there is a aluminum box under the plenum. I'll do that for my pressure source, but what about the lines going to the wastegates? Should I unplug the lines already on them and plug my new ones on (using a "t" fitting to make my one line into 2)? Or can I use that steel pipe I mentioned that both wastegates are already tied into? Then what do I do with the lines the were already going to the wastegates? Just plug them off?

thanks-
needavdub is offline   Reply With Quote