GTRPWR Forums  

Go Back   GTRPWR Forums > General > Members Rides

Old 02-11-2011   #1
Terrh
RB20DET

My Ride: 1992 GTR
Default Terrh's R32 GTR Build

This is crossposted on realtimeperformance.ca, xceedspeed.com, skylineownersusa.com, gtrpwr.com and gtrcanada.com. So don't expect to see different stuff just because you're seeing it here.

I haven't done much actual building yet, in fact, as I type this, my car is buried under a foot of snow in my driveway. I'm still acquiring parts at this point. I wanted to be done by now but things just didn't work out. I'm hoping to have it on the road by mid april at the latest but we'll see how that goes. As I type this that's only 8 weeks away.

This is primarily a street car. I'm probably going to do some lapping and maybe solo 1/time attack in this car, as well as a drag day once or twice just to see how it performs. I do plan on putting a 6pt cage in it but not till next winter at the earliest, so I might get the boot at the dragstrip.

My performance goals for the car are are pretty high. It's going to kick ass and take names. I expect 1/4 mile performance in the low 10's or high 9's, 0-60 well south of 3.0 seconds (easier than it sounds), and handling figures that will embarrass pretty much anything that isn't open wheeled. All on the same setup, same tires etc. No excuses, this is an all around street car, not a trailer queen.

First page or two of this thread is mainly going to be pictures of parts, then I'll get around to installing them.

I'm not sure when this project will be "complete" but april 2012 is probably accurate. I want to have it on the road within 2 months of this post and then more will be done over this summer, with body and paint next winter.

As for what I'm changing - pretty much everything drivetrain and suspension wise. Not much is going to be stock by the time I'm done. Motor build for now, more comes later.

Here's some before pictures:

And some of the parts I've bought so far:

17x9 BBS LM's, 275/40/17 Falken Azenis Sport's.

A few ricer parts :

Bottom piece is an oil cooler eliminator, gets rid of that giant pile of crap on the driver's side of the block. I plan on going with an external oil filter relocation/cooler.

Tien Flex Coilovers:

Ebay manifolds (surprisingly decent quality, I was blown away by how nice they are):

AEM EMS V2 Plug - n - play

55W HID's - H4 Hi/Low for headlights and H3's for fogs.

More coming soon.
1991 miata - drift king
1994 FWD DSM - burnout king
Terrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011   #2
rb-racer
RB25DET

My Ride: r32 gtr
Default Re: Terrh's R32 GTR Build

I hate people that put hid's in non projector housings.
rb-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011   #3
Gabe
RB20E

My Ride: Rb20det s13

Nice parts so far
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011   #4
Terrh
RB20DET

My Ride: 1992 GTR

I fail so hard at updates.

rb-racer: I tend to agree, but the GTR blinds everyone anyways (RHD cutoff pattern) so I may as well go all out and make sure I can turn it into daytime within 5 miles of my car.

Actually, my plan is to use the fogs whenever I'm in town or there's traffic. the other 90% of my driving is in the county where the only thing that matters is lumens on the road, nobody is out there to get blinded and I'll be pissed if I hit a deer in the middle of the night at 100MPH and write off my car.
1991 miata - drift king
1994 FWD DSM - burnout king
Terrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #5
modb
RB20E

My Ride: r32 skyline

i like your r32 white, is it stock paint? :P
modb is offline   Reply With Quote