GTRPWR Forums  

Go Back   GTRPWR Forums > General > Members Rides

Old 09-23-2010   #1
wh0dunnit
RB20E

My Ride: r32 gts-t
Default Bahamas rb20 GTST

project car : 1994 Skyline GTST w/ rb20DET DOHC

reason for build: Damage seen in pictures to bumper bar. also took out my intercooler so i figured what the heck, time to put a new turbo into my car to date i have taken out my intercooler, bumper bar, all piping, turbo, and downpipe. exhaust manifold will be next, and with that, i will have to get a machinist to back out the studs that are broken off in the block. i will be getting my new manifold and turbo by the end of next month, also, will be cutting, blocking off and re-porting the intake manifold to make it more liek the aftermarket ones, as duty on car parts here is 65 to 85%.

going to be wrapping manifold, downpipe, turbo rear housing and full exhaust with the DE wrap of gorgeousness.

anywho, that is all for now

pics :

Last edited by wh0dunnit; 09-26-2010 at 06:18 PM.
wh0dunnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #2
wh0dunnit
RB20E

Default Re: Bahamas rb20 GTST

pics now in forum
Old 09-27-2010   #3
M13
GT3071R

My Ride: '92 HCR32

cool build.

I've heard that before, but what's the government's reasons for having such high duty fees on car parts?
Old 09-28-2010   #4
wh0dunnit
RB20E

basically everything has to be imported from food to parts to oxygen for hospitals.
we do not have a proper income tax structure set up, nor even a proper national insurance or health care setup. the high duty is the only way the government can make money off of the residents without direct taxation, which most of the residents would disagree with, as they are uneducated to the point where they cannot understand the need for it

as it stands, i smuggle my own parts into the country from time to time and i know of many other people that do it as well, utilizing friends and family with foreign passports who just walk through our customs area without even being searched.

anywho, e bay t3/t4 at first then going gt35 r at some point
Old 09-30-2010   #5
wh0dunnit
RB20E

update :

Got my new (to me) a/c condenser in the car and hooked up

took apart old turbo, found out it was just the wastegate actuator that was stuck, so going to cut that off and plug weld the hole, and trade it for someones slightly used t04e garret that he doesnt want anymore
Old 03-20-2011   #6
wh0dunnit
RB20E

ok new updates on the build ( pics very soon had things to do) got a small t3/t4 no name turbo just to get running. tial 38mm water and oil cooled wastegate is on order manifold gasket and fuel pressure regulator is now in hand and waiting to be installed. methanol kit has been purchased and waiting to be installed.

have begun to import c16 vp racegas here as no one was keepign it in stock so im using the proceeds from my gas sales to do the work to the car. also, trying to get sponsoship from atlantis (yes THAT atlantis)
Old 01-31-2013   #7
wh0dunnit
RB20E

allo gents.

switched jobs and the project had to be put on the backburner for a little while.

will have new pics of the rb20 engine i bought dissassembling the motor in my gar, i noticed how bit of my old turbo had shot through the engine and had scored up a bit of stuff, so im taking it out after having purchased a gt3076r. i also now have a spare enine sitting in the front of my house.

act stage 3 sprung 6 puck w/ heavy duty pressure plate. race intake and t3 top mount turbo manifole. tial watercooled 38mm wastegate. greddy rs blow off. hks 3inch ehxaust and tomei 272 cams
Old 02-01-2013   #8
mcfly
KPGC10

My Ride: 20B cosmo

The compressor wheel came apart on the turbo?

Anyways sounds like some good plans!

mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote