GTRPWR Forums  

Go Back   GTRPWR Forums > General > Events and Meets

Old 04-19-2010   #31
inhumane
R33 > R32

My Ride: 94 R33 GTS, 87 AE86 GTS
Default Re: BC GTRPWR Kelowna Kruise Sign-Up & Details Thread

to be honest i dont even care anymore im sick of people putting their fucking opinions in, if you dont like it dont come, simple

when we asked people to help and shit 4 or so people spoke up...then when things are somewhat set people come whining about details...THAT PISSES ME OFF
inhumane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #32
DrMango
RB-X GT2

My Ride: The Binford 2000

This is going fine inhumane. People are going to have a problem with whatever dates we could choose. I think dates were a big factor in the amount of people dedicating time to helping set things up.

Amy has done a bunch of calling around to setup reservations for the site. We are trying to get 2 group sites setup and reserved for us as I doubt we will see more than 15 people. We have to wait to be called back with more info. One of us will keep everyone updated.

Currently there is still 3 people organizing this meet and I think that is plenty. As long as your still into helping out inhuname..

Snow was just giving input which I think is a good thing

Kyle
Old 04-19-2010   #33
inhumane
R33 > R32

yea ill help i just hate when people dont volunteer to help then they bitch, they just need to keep it to themselves and not come if they have a problem
Old 04-19-2010   #34
aldyguy
RB25DE

My Ride: gts25t

don't stress it dude
Old 04-19-2010   #35
Snow
RB25DE

My Ride: 93 GTS-t Type M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
I don't get why we'd be meeting so far south of the No. 1? Everyone from the Island... Vancouver... Abbottsford or where ever are going to have to drive into the middle of Aldergrove for what reason...?

Placement fail. I suggest we meet at the Zoo on 264th right off the highway. That way people coming from anywhere other than Aldergrove don't have to back track several km's. There's a big parking lot with lots of room if plenty of people show up...

But don't change it for me cause I have no idea if I'll be coming. HotNite sounds enticing as well. Like I said before, we should coordinate with HotNite and work it into the event. But that's just my two pennies...
Quote:
Originally Posted by inhumane View Post
to be honest i dont even care anymore im sick of people putting their fucking opinions in, if you dont like it dont come, simple

when we asked people to help and shit 4 or so people spoke up...then when things are somewhat set people come whining about details...THAT PISSES ME OFF
Seriously man learn to take a simple suggestion. You need to chill the fuck out. Go smoke a doob, drink a beer or do whatever takes the edge off. I was merely making a suggestion, because last I checked you were coming from the Island (look at original post, I mentioned the Island people. Pretty sure you're the only Island guy coming thus far). I actually had you in mind when I mentioned that; like I could give a fuck, I live 15 minutes away from there. Trying to make it easier for everyone, including yourself.

As far as my HotNite suggestion it was merely because I thought it would be cool, even as a simple detour. Not trying to steal your thunder here bud, just thinking of something for us to do considering the drive up will take 6 hours (even after the circle jerk in Merritt) and then what are we gonna do? Drink beer? Stand by the camp fire? Wait for Allan to show up with his .22? Maybe as car enthusiasts we'd like to... Oh I dunno... Stop by a car show! Holy fuck it was just as amazing when I first thought of it too!

And lastly, if you could at least do me the decency of reading the last chunk of my first post... The part where I said don't go changing plans on account of me, because I have NO IDEA IF I'M COMING. And then the part where I mentioned that's just my $0.02 worth? Seriously man this is an open forum. If you only want people to sign up and shut up then have a mod close the thread after your first post with a note asking those interested to PM you. The point of this thread is to foster discussion. If that's not what you're going for then this thread is a waste of time.

Finally. A use.
Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #36
Snow
RB25DE

PS

Nowhere was I bitching. And I would have been happy to volunteer. I was active and other discussions around the topic, just not post whoring the fuck out of it.

Oh and:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
I say we coordinate with HotNite (?) in Kelowna. Never been and would love to go. We can set up a bunch of cars. Besides isn't McFly involved in organizing?
Quote:
nope not discussed yet but a good idea if we choose kelowna, it all depends on where the majority will go to
Quote:
i had no idea hot nights was on this weekend so i think we should reconsider the date of this
You didn't seem to care then when I suggested it. Now you do. Didn't seem to take much consideration then either.

Finally. A use.
Old 04-19-2010   #37
DrMango
RB-X GT2

OK guys. Thats enough. Both of you made your points and now its time to continue to talk about the meet. We are all excited to see everyones cars and bullshit.

I know for one that I can kill hours all by myself just talking to a random stranger about skylines. Im sure we will have no problems killing time bullshitting and looking at eachothers cars. I hope we can all have a good time and a few of you guys can spend the night as me and the GF plan to

Kyle
Old 04-19-2010   #38
DrMango
RB-X GT2

BTW it looks like there is going to be a change in the location and possibly the time frame. We've been on the phone all day with people making arangements.

Will keep everyone updated when we know more

Kyle
Old 04-19-2010   #39
inhumane
R33 > R32

nice short story haha

is that campsite full kyle?

edit: as car enthusiasts maybe do something OTHER than stare at fucking cars and get boners. example: go karting, eat, hang out..its not like there is going to be hours upon hours to fill

its not so much what you were suggesting but how your doing it...things like placement fail piss me off, thats just me...enough about this we have our differences and we will leave it at that

Last edited by inhumane; 04-19-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-19-2010   #40
DrMango
RB-X GT2

Its not full yet as we cant even make arangements that far ahead. We are only allowed to make reservations 3 months max before the date on the sites that allow reservations. The locations we are looking at are day spots with first come first serve status. We will continue to find a good location that serves our needs. Its really a challange when your so far away.

ANY locals please lend a hand as to where you have 1st hand experience with sites that have overnight spots and will be able to handle up to 10-15 people

Kyle
Old 04-19-2010   #41
inhumane
R33 > R32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMango View Post
Its not full yet as we cant even make arangements that far ahead. We are only allowed to make reservations 3 months max before the date on the sites that allow reservations. The locations we are looking at are day spots with first come first serve status. We will continue to find a good location that serves our needs. Its really a challange when your so far away.

ANY locals please lend a hand as to where you have 1st hand experience with sites that have overnight spots and will be able to handle up to 10-15 people

Kyle
oh i see yea we would definetly need some assurance, keep us updated
Old 04-20-2010   #42
DrMango
RB-X GT2

Andrew I need to chat with you on FB.

Locals to the Kelowna Kamloops Salmon arm area, we need input in the meet location thread
http://gtrpwr.com/showthread.php?t=373&page=13

It is very important we get LOCAL first hand advice not just ideas as to where we could look into. Im in alberta and inhumane isnt close by either. It is very hard to plan a meet without actually knowing the area

Thanks for any help people, we need it

Kyle
Old 04-21-2010   #43
Snow
RB25DE

Well worst case scenario I will likely be in Osoyoos May long weekend. I can take a day to drive over and look into reservations for the whole ordeal if no one can make it over before then.

Yes I'm volunteering my time. No, I'm not sure I'll be coming.

Finally. A use.
Old 04-21-2010   #44
DrMango
RB-X GT2

its easy to make reservations on my end, we just need input on a location that is the complete package.
9/10 camp sites that have water near by dont take reservations. I put up 2 good options in the locations thread, check them out snow

Kyle
Old 04-21-2010   #45
Snow
RB25DE

This multiple thread thing is frustrating lol. But I'll go along with it none the less. I can somewhat see the point in having in separately. Was Osoyoos ruled out all together? I know the manager of NK'Mip (http://www.campingosoyoos.com/09/index.php?ID=71).

Beautiful spot. Osoyoos is awesome in the summer. Rates aren't too bad either. I'll check the other thread now...

Finally. A use.