GTRPWR Forums  

Go Back   GTRPWR Forums > General > Tech Discussion

Old 02-16-2013   #1
dan101
RB20E

My Ride: BNR32 89'
Question Brake lights always engaged

I have a brake light problem where my brake lights are always on.

I noticed it last night when I was about to take my old girl out for a run with my mate and his GTR.
My car was idling when i notcied. So i turned the car off and they were still engaged. Pulled thed keys out of the ignition... they were still engaged. Disconnected the battery and reconnected and still engaged. Removed the fuse for the brake light which cut the curcuit, but put it back in and they were still engaged. So im out of ideas.

Could anyone shed some light on what maybe the cause for this. Any info would be much appreciated.

My night did end well though when I got to get behind the wheel of my mates freshly re-cond and re-tuned 490hp weapon. Was pretty insane power as im used to my orginal 276hp girl.
Old 02-17-2013   #2
dp0352
RB20E

My Ride: R32 GT-R (1990)
Default Re: Brake lights always engaged

Stop lamp switch. It engages when you press the brake pedal and is supposed to release when you do as well. They're known to stick, come loose, or even break from time to time. If you have the service manual, you can find a diagram on page CH-250.
dp0352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013   #3
dan101
RB20E

At dp0352
Thats awsome man. Thank you alot for that. I have found the diagram in my manual and will see what the go with the stop lamp switch in my car when im next out at my lock up.
I see that you are from Japan. What are some good sites i could go to, to shop for good genuine BNR32 parts??? Know of any .jp sites???
Old 02-18-2013   #4
dp0352
RB20E

My Ride: R32 GT-R (1990)

You could always shop from Nengun.Com or RHDJapan.Com. I usually just go to a junkyard, a dealer, or to the manufacturer themselves. Yahoo Auctions Japan and Upgarage are big out here as well. There's a good forum out here too with a decent classified section, but the parts are generally pretty well used. I guess there's also JDMAutolink.Com for GTR parts too come to think of it.
dp0352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #5
dan101
RB20E

Oh thanks mate for those sites to look at. Much appreciated.

Got those lights sorted out to. The wee lug that the stop lamp switch presses against had broken so it was a easy fix... so thanks for that aswell.
Cheers